Samstag, 17. November 2012

Exploring the archive

A couple of weeks ago I got a comment from my brother on a post including the link to Dirks homepage. The next day I searched my archive for his music - but I couldn't find the tracks. I was certain that the song must me on my hard drive (maybe with a different tab). After searching for hours I send an E-Mail to my brother to give me the songs again. He answered me, that gave it to me on a CD. After that I recognized where I have to search. At least I found it an made a copy on my hard drive.

Mr. Darmstaedter traveled in his younger days with his guitar all over Europe by train, play on the streets to get some money. After returning back to Germany he started to form a band called The Jeremy Days who entered the German single charts back in 1988 with 'Brand New Toy'


After a several years of playing the band shut down and Dirk started a single career. He released several records on his own name and also as Me and Cassity.

The songs I searched in my archive was a compilation of songs that was records live in studio, in living rooms and other locations. Some with a small band - some just the artist and his guitar. They were formerly postet on his homepage and called 'the original podcasts'. Some songs he wrote himself - others are inspired covers of songs from the last decades.

For me, he's a wonderful singer/songwriter - worth to listen.

Enjoy and have a good weekend

Dirk Darmstaedter - Nothing ever happens

Dirk Darmstaedter - Both sides now

1 Kommentar:

lithium hat gesagt…

and the best thing: http://www.dirkdarmstaedter.com/index.php?id=1110

please invite me when this happens ;)