Sonntag, 10. Februar 2013

Deliverance


Let's start the working week with a a soundtrack from classic movie I saw on Sunday. It is more than 40 years ago I saw it the first time and I'm still impressed about the story. Four guys from the city came to redneck county to ride the river in a boat. It would be a peaceful vacation if they don't get trouble with the natives. What is also famous and stood the test of time is the sequence where one of the guys started a competition between his guitar and the banjo of the local autist. 


2 Kommentare:

drew hat gesagt…

I've got the soundtrack album to this, must dig it out.

The film scared the shit out of me the first time I saw it.

The first time we stayed at a friend's house deep in the Dordogne, as we approached on the Sunday we passed several locals carrying shot guns and carrying various dead things. I turned to L and said have you seen Deliverance, she did not sleep for the first three nights.

Swiss Adam hat gesagt…

'You sure got a pretty smile boy'