Montag, 1. April 2013

Now that I can hear music


This picture from the early 60s shows little Harold Whittles a kid who was deaf from birth. The photographer Jack Bradley took this photo just at that moment when the hearing aid was switched in for the first time. The surprise, this sense - this hear what is accepted for most by us as natural - for the first time perceives to be able, is expressed in this photo very well. 

I made some mind about people with impediments and think at least we should be grateful that we can use our senses. Otherwise, if someone is deaf or blind from birth he/she don't know what they are missing. I can't imagine my life without hearing and it is really hard just to play your favorite tunes in your head without playing them on an other system.

Todays track comes from a singer I don't know much about but he a couple of years ago he made amazing version of this Townes Van Zandt song.

1 Kommentar:

Dirk hat gesagt…

Unglaubliches Photo, Walter!