Dienstag, 21. Mai 2013

I'm not there


Over bank holiday I had time to watch the movie once again. I'm not the biggest fan of Bob Dylan but grew up with his songs. His political songs and their meaning to a lot of people are necessary for a generation before mine. Dylan wrote a couple of love songs I agree to and listen still sometimes.

I'm Not There is a 2007 biographical musical film directed by Todd Haynes, inspired by American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan. Six actors depict different facets of Dylan's life and public persona: Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Marcus Carl Franklin, Richard Gere, Heath Ledger, and Ben Whishaw. At the start of the film, a caption reads: "Inspired by the music and the many lives of Bob Dylan". Besides song credits, this is the only time Dylan's name appears in the film. The film tells its story using non-traditional narrative techniques, intercutting the storylines of the six different Dylan-inspired characters.

For me it is more a description of the time as  classical bio-pic of Dylan. I always like to watch the session with Ritchie Havens on the porch also the band opening their guitar cases on Newport Folk Festival an putting out machine guns.

This one's from the OST.

Jim James & Calexico - Going to Accapulco

Keine Kommentare: