Sonntag, 16. Juni 2013

Dirty Harry



Yesterday was the last day of my illness and therefore we took a day of spending in our house. We went downtown to the next DVD shop to grab some DVD's. You can buy there every new movie for less money - no one will coast you more than 50 cent. Of course they are all ripped by Malaysian copy pirates but it doesn't bother me at all. The quality is mostly excellent - just the special features and more subtitles are missing. I bought me Hangover 3 and other new stuff as well as the collection of the Dirty Harry series. Nowing, that the story of self justice may be not correct I stand to this movies and they are just good entertainment. 

One of my favorite scene is:
While in a local diner, Callahan sees a bank robbery in progress and, alone with his revolver, he kills two of the robbers and wounds a third, challenging the man lying near a loaded shotgun:
I know what you’re thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I’ve kinda lost track myself. But being this is a 44 Magnu, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you’ve got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?
Anyway, by reading the credits to the movie I remembered who's done the music to this movie: Lalo Schifrin, an Argentin pianist, composer and arranger mostly known for hisTV scores. In the early 60s he was a member of Dizzy Gillespies band to go afterwards writing TV scores like Mission Impossible and others.



Searching on youtube I remembered also Mike Post and his wonderful TV scores. I grew up with tv series like The Rockford Files and Magnum, PI. Wikipedia told me, that he started his career as a musician in a garage rock band called The Outcasts in San Antonio, Texas. Might sound totally different to his following works as a musican/producer.



Keine Kommentare: