Donnerstag, 17. Oktober 2013

What Happened To Pub Rock # 2



Last week I released a post where I asked what happened to pub rock. The answer you can read in my post. I take this for a chance to start a little series about bands from this era and what happened to them. This era didn't last for a long time but it was between the old days of that Woodstock inspired music, the overdubbed and soulless artists and the dawning of the punk movement. It was mostly handmade music played in small pubs. Therefore you had to know how to handle your instrument and you also had to have a feeling for good songs that satisfies your audience.

I used to listen to this music from the middle of the 1970s to the end of it. When I listen now to this songs they are often still great but they remind me on times when this kinda songs meant a lot to me. I will start with a band called Ducks Deluxe. They were formed by former members/roadies from Help Yourself, Flaming Groovies and Brinsley Schwarz. Main members were Sean Tyla and Mick Garvey (who later was the leader of The Motors - but this is another story to be told). They were famous for their highly energetic music. They worked and performed as a band for only a short period from 1972 until 1975 when they split. Ironically they had a little success on selling their records after thy split. But the members were found later in bands like Graham Parker's Rumour, The Tyla Gang and The Motors. After their reunion they are still on tour in Europe backed up with Brinsley Schwarz.

Ducks Deluxe - Daddy Put The Bump
Ducks Deluxe - Don't Mind Rockin Tonight
Ducks Deluxe - It's All Over Now

2 Kommentare:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

Good stuff Walter - keep your ears pealed for some Graham Parker on CCM shortly

Walter hat gesagt…

Thx. CC, I'll do. He's on my list as well. Hope you and all can enjoy this series a little bit.
Walter