Mittwoch, 2. Oktober 2013

You're Gonna Get Yours


I'm really not a big fan of rap music. But sometimes a song hooks me and I can't get it out of my head for longer times. One of these songs is by Public Enemy from their 1987 Debut 'Yo! Bum rush the show'. Bought this record after listening to this opening track impressed of their social and political statements and their feeling for rhythm as well. This song told me more about what gang-members think, what's the things are they specify from others than I could read in any article. Spending lots of money to have the biggest, best car around and showing it to others who think in that way too.

Public Enemy - You're gonna get yours

4 Kommentare:

drew hat gesagt…

Love this tune and also the album that it comes from. Sounds so under produced compared to what was to follow.

Swiss Adam hat gesagt…

Me too.

Too black! Too strong!

Anonym hat gesagt…

I hope you also have It Takes a Nation Of Millions, that is a tremendous record.

Walter hat gesagt…

Yes, I've this record, George. It's awesome.