Donnerstag, 5. Dezember 2013

Gone But Not Forgotten # 4


Kristy MacColl died in December, 2000 during a dive with her sons a power boat came cross and killed her. She was the daughter of the famous folk singer Ewan MacColl and during her lifetime she was very underrated because she had her biggest hits with cover versions of someone others songs or with collaborations with other bands. For me she had a very special voice at all and a very good distinction in songs that fit to her and her voice. Most of the listeners don't know that she tried in different styles like Cuban and Caribbean sounds. I noticed her from the start with They don't know over her collaborations with Billy Bragg and The Pogues till her last recordings. Her voice gave me always a feeling like being at home in my personal own rooms. Sadly she died too young.

Kristy MacColl - My Affair
Kristy MacColl - Days
Kristy MacColl & Evan Dando - Perfect day
Kristy MacColl - You haven't earned it yet, Baby




2 Kommentare:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

Sadly her death has never been examined properly.Money talks in Mexico

dickvandyke hat gesagt…

Oh I do miss her too.