Montag, 28. September 2015

Swan Lake


35! years ago Public Image Ltd. released their second recording, well known as the Metal Box. Sadly I didn't own the original packing with the 12-inches but it is still a classic recording in the post punk era. When the record was released it sounded like nothing compared to past, present and the future. Weired guitars by Keith Levine, a gigantic dub-inspired bass by Jah Wobble and the cryptic lyrics by John Lydon makes this record remarkable for everything before and after.

Public Image Ltd - Swan Lake

1 Kommentar:

The Swede hat gesagt…

Lydon's one true masterpiece as far as I'm concerned. 'Never Mind the Bollocks' was massively important of course, but 'Second Edition' is the one I'll always reach for - and I still have it in the, somewhat tarnished, metal box. PIL are playing nearby later in the week, but I'm going to give it a miss. If he ever reunited with Wobble and Levine it might be a different story.