Sonntag, 6. Dezember 2015

This Years List 1/15


Working year is almost over and in a few days I will go for a four week vacation to Sri Lanka again. Visiting the places I used to stay during the last years over Christmas and new years time and exploring places I haven't been yet. So you won't have any actual posts until mid of January 2016. During the last weeks I summed up the albums that was released this year and chosen 15 from 2015. It is a very personal selection by records that impressed me much, that accompanied me this year or I listened to often the recent months. This list will not be a valuation of the best records this year, it's just a personal review of albums that stood the test of time for this year. I am not the one that requires that the list is universally valid - it is more a retrospective of albums that was released in 2015 and I still listen to them since I first got my attention and I still listen to them. So in the nearby days I will introduce to you my albums of the year. Be curious what will happen the next days.


A record Julian Cope would love comes from San Francisco based Moon Duo. Guitarist Ripley Johnson and keyboardist Sanae Yamada released Shadow of the Sun early this year. Nine songs with real psychedelia in it. Songs with distorted guitars, weird organ sound and a voices deeply halled. What them make more than an Haight-Ashbury cover is that they have a lot of elements of proto-punk and Krautrock in their sound that makes their sound unique. This records shimmers through many outputs this year and will surely played at my house more times.



3 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

A great album. I listen to Moon Duo more than I do to Wooden Shjips these days and I've played this particular LP a lot in 2015.
At the end of 2014 I posted a very comprehensive year-end round-up, but I doubt I'll have time for that this year. I'm still musing on how to mark the end of 2015. I like your idea of selecting a number of albums that have stayed with you throughout the year and look forward to reading the remainder of your choices.
Sri Lanka for 4 weeks sounds amazing. I'm not sure exactly when you'll be leaving, so let me now wish you safe travels and a fantastic holiday. Here's to much more music in 2016 Walter.

Swiss Adam hat gesagt…

One of my favourites as well Walter, especially In A Cloud

Dirk hat gesagt…

Gute Reise, Walter, und viel viel Spass und Erholung!!

Dirk