Dienstag, 2. Februar 2016

Twanging Tuesday # 93

Bildergebnis für johnny cash

I've to admit that I always had a fondness to Johnny Cash and it was not easy to be responsible to it in the early 80s when a very different kind of music ruled our place. Not till Rick Rubin produced his American Recordings 20 years ago he got the credits he used to deserved. This series would not be complete without a song by Johnny Cash. Of course it is not a real twangy sound but the picking electric guitar was one of his trademarks. Get Rhythm was covered by many other artist and there are good versions of it in the internet - especially by Ry Cooder. I found this early recording a few days ago and you can take it as a dokument of musical history.


When I was investigating for this post I found a remix of this song. Never thought that it is possible to make a version of this song. But it works and it is not too bad.


This version is taken from the biopic of Johnny Cash Walk The Line. And even Joaquim Phoenix is able to make a good version of this song.


3 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

I don't believe I've ever seen that old clip before Walter - thanks for digging it up!

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

Quality

Anonym hat gesagt…

Love Cash. Thanks for the clip.