Freitag, 11. März 2016

Funky Friday

Bildergebnis für funky friday

One of Manchester's best bands in the early 80s were A Certain Ratio. Their first records on Factroy Record were still played in my house. Their so called post-punk-funk was groundbreaking and the way they played the bass were so innovative for new music. I think that I don't have to lose more words of a band that impressed me much more than 30 years ago and let the music speak for it. Knife Slits Water is from their underrated second record Sextet.


A Certain Ratio had the funk and I ask myself why there are less remixes/edits of their songs. One of them I found when I prepared this post.



2 Kommentare:

Echorich hat gesagt…

I rank Sextet among my favorite albums of all time! And ACR are absolutely one my favorite bands of all time -my favorite Factory band by far!

The Swede hat gesagt…

Such a great tune Walter.