Donnerstag, 31. März 2016

Live In German TV

Bildergebnis für gil scott heron

There was a series in German television when they invited artist to play for almost one hour to ply live. Back in 1984 Gil Scott Heron appeared on the telly and I was surprised of this artist. I knew only a few songs from his back catalogue and that many called him a legend. I still remember when I listened to this appearance the first time. Seldom saw any soul artist like him. He touched my soul with his songs and remember his last recordings that were much over the average of many records that was released in this times. This concert was pure, true and worth to watch it in full time.


1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

He's someone that was always part of the musical landscape from the 70s onwards - someone who I respected and appreciated but rarely bought any of his songs.

He had a famous father.....well famous enough in Glasgow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gil_Heron