Montag, 9. Mai 2016

The Opposition

Bildergebnis für vintage football

Opposition is one of those forgotten Post-Punk bands that appeared in the shadow of bands like Joy Division and more. Formed in the late 70's in London they had small success and released a couple of records until 2011. I grabbed Promises, their third record from 1984 from my record collection once again because I was in the mood for this kind of music. I love the intensity and raw emotions of their songs. Their pounding drums, the heavy rhythm, some chunky basslines and especially the vocals lead me to their records. You can hear influences of Joy Division, The Comsat Angels and early Shreiback but they created a very unique sound. Still worth listening after 30 years.

Enjoy and have a good week.

Stranded
Fall Into Line
Innocent
Don't Forget To Leave On The Light In The Hall

Keine Kommentare: