Donnerstag, 30. Juni 2016

New Wave - Who is afraid of the 80s? Pt 1

Bildergebnis für New Wave - Wer hat Angst vor den 80er Jahren?

It was in the late 70's when a compilation was released in Germany with the new sounds of Britain and USA. Most of my mates named it as punk but it was more than this. It was an overview of new music for us in Germany. I bought this double album by recommendation of my local record dealer. And I was infected of these new sounds and searching more of this. JC posted yesterday a memory about The Members and I grabbed out the old vinyl and played it again after decades. Respective I have to say this double album was a fantastic introduction into music that embossed me in the upcoming years. There were a lot of songs on this record that became standards throughout the years. I remember when I played this records to my mates that they were confused to this kind of music. Barely rooted in the 70's mainstream they didn't open their ears to another kind of music. So let's show some music of this compilation and I am sure many of yours will remind of these songs.

Enjoy!

The Ramones - Sheena Is A Punk Rocker
The Pretenders - Stop Your Sobbing

5 Kommentare:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

Essential stuff Walter - a true musical revolution

The Swede hat gesagt…

Crucial tunes Walter.

Brian hat gesagt…

Hell of a start, Walter. Looking forward to this...

Echorich hat gesagt…

Have to agree, especiallly those early Pretenders songs. Chrissie Hynde got a lot of stick in the early days, probably because she was a journalist turned musician, but the first two Pretenders albums were really kinda special.

Dirk hat gesagt…

Ha, I think I have this album flogging around somewhere as well ... have to dig it out again soon!