Mittwoch, 20. Juli 2016

A Change Is Gonna Come (Hopefully)

Bildergebnis für turkey coup

If I read the news of the last weeks I have more and more worries about the future. A coup in Turkey with we don't know who has initiated him. Erdogan dismisses thousands of officials and arrests hundreds of military (and I am not sure if he planed it to amplify his power in Turkey). He wants to clean the country of members of the opposition and bury the democracy. In France still rules the state of emergency and in Nice hundreds die with an attack of a lunatic. Tory lady Theresa May is taking over the government by a may day. Over the Atlantic ocean Donald Trump is trying to take over the administration of the western world. In the USA black people were killed by white policemen and white policemen were killed by black fools. People were killed in a discotheque in Orlando. What is coming next? I am a bit of afraid about the times that are ahead of us. I almost proscribe this dark thoughts during my ordinary life but sometimes I feel that the world is losing it's honesty. I try to make this world a little better day by day talking to people and having fun but sometimes I think it is not enough. Don't worry, I am not depressed but it was a concern to write down these words right now. But I have not lost yet hope in the people who could make this world better day by day.

I don't know if it is a music for a better time but it is music I almost forgot. Edinburgh's Nectarine No. 9 released Saint Jack in 1995 and it still a (sadly forgotten) record that is on heavy rotation at my house.

The Nectarine No. 9 - Saint Jack
The Nectarine No. 9 - Curdied Fragments
The Nectarine No. 9 - Firecrackers



3 Kommentare:

TheRobster hat gesagt…

I think your thought echo those of every sensible-thinking person on the planet right now, Walter. I don't necessarily think the world has lost its honesty - I often wonder whether it had any to begin with, or rather, whether humans ever had any.

These are dark times, make no mistake. But we faced them in the 70s and came through them. We faced them in the 80s under Maggie and Ronnie and survived. The anger and frustration dominating events right now will escalate, peak and then subside as they usually do. The only problem is we don't know when and how they're going to peak.

Time to hide away under my headphones and escape into my little fantasy world where only good music rules and nothing else matters.

drew hat gesagt…

Going to hell in a handcart Walter. All we can do is our best and hope that more,people than not,do the same.

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

As the Robster and Drew said - worrying times