Donnerstag, 7. Juli 2016

New Wave - Who is afraid of the 80's? Pt 2

Bildergebnis für 999 band
Bildergebnis für xtc band
Bildergebnis für the ruts

As said the last time there were a lot of songs on this compilation that introduced me to a lot of music and sound I didn't heard before. And most of the songs made me curious to more songs of the artists. One of them was The Ruts. I bought their first full album after listening to Babylon's Burning and they didn't disappointed me with their record. It is still a record that was played regular in my house. One of those records that would take me to grave.

The Ruts - Babylon's Burning

999 were a band formed in London in the late 70's but not really punk. They made a crossover between rhythm and blues and pub rock with a very sharp guitar. I don't owe any full album but I always loved their singles. Truly great songs with hooks that still works after decades.

999 - Homicide

Life Begins At The Hop was the first single by a band that had great success in the early 80's. XTC was named as an art-rock band with New Wave roots. I bought their first album Drums And Wires that still is an essential record of the early 80's. Should grab it out of my collection and listen again to songs like Making Plans For Nigel.

XTC - Life Begins At The Hop

2 Kommentare:

TheRobster hat gesagt…

I don't think I'll find any blog post this week with three better songs than this. I remember Homicide being played regularly on my favourite pub's jukebox. To be fair, it was often me that selected it...

Walter hat gesagt…

Thank you Robster, it was me that played Homicide regularly when I was DJing in our pub.