Dienstag, 26. Juli 2016

They Don't Make Clips Like This Any More Pt. 3

Bildergebnis für anton corbijn joy division

I am sure that I don't have to spent much words on a band that is still on of my favourite bands of all time. Joy Division crossed my attention in the late 70's releasing their first singles and then their epoch-making first record that is on my record player for ages. This is this kind of music I won't miss for the rest of my life.

As far as I know this video of one of their classic songs was originally recorded during a Peel-session. Very rough and intense. You could see Ian suffer when he was singing the lyrics.


Another classic was filmed by Anton Corbijn as a dark and mystic video. He later paid tribute to them with his movie Control.


The video of Love will tear us apart is more tamed than the first ones I offered. Working with colours and turning them into negative was also a style used in the early 80's.


3 Kommentare:

TheRobster hat gesagt…

That footage of Transmission is indeed one of the finest music clips of all time. The sheer raw, nervous energy of Ian Curtis is spine-tingling.

The Swede hat gesagt…

Still incredible after all these years.

Brian hat gesagt…

That photo on top has become so recognizable. There was no doubt who you were writing about today. You have picked out some terrific clips. Thanks.