Mittwoch, 24. August 2016

Mick Harvey / Serge Gainsbourg

Bildergebnis für mick harvey

Mick Harvey is well known by his long time collaboration with Nick Cave, PJ Harvey and The Birthday Party. Years ago he installed a project translating the songs of Serge Gainbourg into English. His latest record Delirium  Tremens (what a name for a record) was released a few weeks ago and I only found less songs from it in the www. I really like his interpretations of Serge's songs. Almost slow ones with a whispered voice and his genius guitar in the back. Another soundtrack for the time round midnight.





4 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

I was only playing Serge Gainsbourg last night - I've been a big fan for many years. I bought the first two Mick Harvey/Serge albums, but until now was unaware of the third. I'll check it out - thanks Walter.

Swiss Adam hat gesagt…

Good stuff Walter. Love a bit of Serge.

Walter hat gesagt…

Thank you mates, I am just listening to Acts Of Love to finish the day and I almost forgot how good this record is.

Echorich hat gesagt…

Not surprised to find other followers of Mick Harvey's travels through Gainsbourg. This third album is just wonderful. The Decadance (La Décadanse) is otherworldly, tender and Katy Beale is once again on hand to lend her soft siren like vocals to the arrangement.