Montag, 8. August 2016

Old Wine In New Bottles

Bildergebnis für vintage wallpaper beach

To make a cover version was always an possibility to promote a band to a greater audience or to give tribute to the original. During the early times they played the song one-to-one to the originals. In the days of punk/new wave they band changed the originals into their very own and often unique sound. So I want to present some great cover versions during the next weeks. I could show hundreds of songs and I still haven't showed enough and I decided to present songs that was covered totally different to the originals, versions that mean a lot to me and covers that went into a classic. I also won't chain myself in a musical genre - that is why the first artist appear.

A few years ago I found the video of AC/DC's Thunderstruck, performed by a Finish band called Steve 'n' Seagulls. I love this bluegrass version of those guys played live.

This evening I will be off to Stuttgart to watch my team starting  into league two. It will be a great event to watch them play against FC St. Pauli a team that got a lot of respect and sympathy for their fan credebility.



2 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

As you know Walter, I also enjoy a well executed cover version - and this one's inspired! Looking forward to hearing what other's you dig out for us.

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

Should be an interesting story
Like you I will be following lower division football this year after the relegation of Dundee United