Freitag, 30. September 2016

Sid And Nancy

Bildergebnis für sid and nancy

A couple of days ago German TV offered very late at night the 1986 biopic about Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen. It was years ago when I saw this movie for the first time. Once I saw it because it was in the context to the early 80's and the music that kept me going my way. Now I saw it again and I have to say that it was some kind of documentary about a great love partly based on booze and drugs. After all I can consider that both took a long and hard road to ruin themselfs. Some might say that they were the product of commerce by Malcolm McLaren but for me they were one of the most forgotten couples in rock history. May they rest in peace.



3 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

Sid, by all accounts, was a reasonable, if slightly gullible, bloke until he met Spungen. I don't like to speak ill of the dead, but one has to wonder how his life might have panned out had their paths never crossed.

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

I suspect that the drugs didn't help

Swiss Adam hat gesagt…

Haven't seen the film for years. Might try to watch it again at some point.