Donnerstag, 15. Dezember 2016

16 From 2016 10/16 (Some 80's Bands)



Last time I featured the veterans what means that they are on duty for a long time. Today there are some bands that was famous in the early 80's and came back with some good records this year as well. First of all Wedding Present surpised me with their superb Going Going. As we all know them as a band from the early new wave/DIY-times with jangly C86 guitars they transformed the spirit of these times into nowadays. There are a lot of great and different songs on this record so I am not able to Name them to only one genre. I really love this record because the more I listen to it I find more and more details in their Songs. Good to have them back.






Teenage Fanclub appeared this year with a new record after five years. Here contains a lot of a band who's made the epic Bandwaggonesque. Jangly sparkling (Pop)Songs, all arranged well with a Country style touch. It reminds me to Gram Parsons or The Byrds in their Sweetheart-era. All in all a record I will listen often till their next release.









Another band that is on the Scene since many years is The Monochrome Set. They released with Cosmonaut probably the best record of a Musical journey from the 50's to the 80's. What I love about this record? It is one you put on your turntable sitting down and start thinking of anything and nothing. A record you can relax by even the songs are different. From jangly guitars, psychedelic sounds to perfect pop you can have it on one record.

2 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

Three good choices here Walter. I'm familiar with the Teenage Fanclub LP and odd tracks from The Wedding Present album, which I don't have yet. Hadn't heard much from The Monochrome Set record until today though - it sounds great!

Anonym hat gesagt…

I would add The Pixies LP 'Head Carrier' to the list of excellent records made in 2016 by old favourities. They were also magnificent when they played live.