Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2016

16 From 2016 9/16 (The Veterans)


One of my favouite artist during the last decades released another record far over the average. Most charts will name Nick Cave's Skeleton Tree as one of the best records of this year. I don't have to tell much about Nick Cave, because he is a legend, a mysterium or the messias or just a great and good working machine. Take what you want -everything is ok. Most of you will know about the tragedy behind this record. For me it's not a record he done because his son died. I am surprised that he did it either. It is collection of dark and somber songs. Often reduced to the minimum and lead by Nick's sad voice. I listened often to this record but was unable to listen in a row.










Another veteran released a record early this year that impressed me much. Not only because he accompanied me during the last decades I listened to this record often. The sound is fresh and shows him in a very good shape. So I can't believe that this would be his last record. The Music remembers me on his Berlin days in the late 70's/early 80's. Bowie influenced Songs with more heavy guitars additioned to his unique sound. He made a record other bands would dream of.





3 Kommentare:

TheRobster hat gesagt…

Yes, the Nick Cave album is a very difficult listen. It made my wife cry, and I can't really listen to the whole thing in one sitting.

I never got into the Iggy Pop record. I like Iggy and the people he worked with on the record, but it just doesn't do it for me. Everyone else seems to like it though so I'm clearly an anomaly.

Swiss Adam hat gesagt…

I'm still into the Iggy album. The Nick Cave one is too much for me tbh.

Anonym hat gesagt…

The Nick Cave record is, in my opinion, the best LP of 2016.