Freitag, 17. November 2017

Happy Birthday Gordon

Bildergebnis für gordon lightfoot

On this day in 1938 Gordon Lightfoot was born. For those who don't know him, he is probably the greatest Canadian singer-songwriter and treasure of folk-music. He started his career in the early 60's and his songs became classics during the years. His songs were often covered by other artists and climbed high in the charts. The first time I came in touch with his music was way back in 1972 on the Olympic games in Munich. When German television made a summary of the days highlights they lay If Yo Could Read My Mind underneath the footage. Listening to his baritone and the way he played his 12-string guitar made me a fan of him. I have to admit that I didn't listen often to his songs during the last years but they didn't lost it's attraction to me.

Gordon Lightfoot - I'm not saying
Gordon Lightfoot - Wherefore and why
Gordon Lightfoot - If you could read my mind
Gordon Lightfoot - Early Morning rain

1 Kommentar:

drew hat gesagt…

Early Morning Rain is a great track. The Weller cover was surprisingly good.