Montag, 6. November 2017

Swamp Thing

Bildergebnis für the chameleons swamp thing

In connection with yesterday's post I found a few records in my collection once again that I almost forgot. As I wrote about many bands from the early British post-punk bands it is incredibly that I never lost any word about The Chameleons so far. Formed in 1981 in the Great Manchester area they arrived with their first album Script From The Bridge to my ears. It was an impressive guitar sound with great hooks and I listened often to it. I missed their second record and came back to them with their third album Strange Times. They still had their dark-melancholy sound with gloomy double-guitars and sadly they never got the recognition other bands from this era had. After Swamp Thing reached the charts they disbanded.

The Chameleons - Swamp Thing

2 Kommentare:

Echorich hat gesagt…

The Chameleons are among my top favorite Post Punk bands. They never compromised their sound and were sorely under appreciated by the record buying public. Their music still moves me to this day.

Anonym hat gesagt…

A song I only ever had on a cassette tape, so thank you for the opportunity to hear it again.

JC