Freitag, 12. Januar 2018

Shame

Bildergebnis für shame band uk

If I open the in-box on my laptop, there are daily dozens mails of some agencies who offer new music which I should promote. Like Jim I extinguish the large part of all e-mails because I do not have the time to listen to everything. Now and then I cannot resist, nevertheless to have a look at an offer. In this way I have bumped into Shame. Shame is a Bristol based band with a heritage stretching for The Clash to Fat White family and beyond. It is an area long-marked by diversity, political unrest, squat culture and more recently, gentrification, giving iit an infamous reputation as a creative hub and a kind of haven for misfits like someone said about them in the internet. For me it is an example of a young band knowing their roots in post punk, learning much from Gang of Four and giving me some jittery and fury guitars on a solid rhythm base. The best new band I listened to for longer times. 






3 Kommentare:

TheRobster hat gesagt…

A band that is all over radio and the music press, yet the tunes I've heard haven't really excited me that much. I will be listening to the album to see if I can make sense of the hype though.

George hat gesagt…

There's a big article in today's Guardian about this lot. You can certainly the Gang of Four in that first track

Anonym hat gesagt…

I also read the article George mentions above. It said they were from South London and not Bristol as Walter has written.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/jan/12/the-idea-of-a-rock-star-is-offensive-meet-shame-britains-most-exciting-new-band

Not that it matters....the article made me think they were being hyped up. These tracks perhaps less so, but I'm not convinced they are anything really special.