Samstag, 11. März 2017

Songs For The Eternety

Bildergebnis für joy division

I came home last night after watching my team against Bochum which was playing in the no-mans land between promotion and descent. Finally we draw 1:1 and it was a good result after all even were were the better team. But we had a lot of luck during the last games and so it is all right. Sadly I have no time and no impulse for a steady new series or something else in a row. When I came home yesterday I searched for some good music to finish the day and I decided to listen once again to the records of Joy Division. It is more than 30 years ago since I got a spot on their output but I was fascinated by their songs from the first time I listened to them. It was a mixture of post-punk, dark and intimate songs. Most of them in a somber mood and Ian Curtis sung his emotions in a way I've never heard before. Listening to this old fashioned music made me finish a perfect day and maybe it is a start into a new series.

This video made by Anton Corbijn, a Dutch photographer and music video director shows all what the band stand for: darkness, mystic, despair and hope. Really a song for eternity.


2 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

For me, it's their finest moment. It's not old fashioned music Walter, it's utterly timeless.

Anonym hat gesagt…

I think Walter's use of old-fashioned is a literal translation rather than the way native English speakers would use it. It is more than 35 years ago now so it is far from being modern music, but it is, as The Swede says, timeless.

JC