Dienstag, 16. Januar 2018

Just A Smile

Bildergebnis für rory gallagher just the smile

A few days ago I updated my mobile phone with new music. I deleted some records and load up some new music. The day before some of Rory Gallagher's songs from his first self titled record came to my ears after a long long time. I really can't believe that it is 47 years ago that I heard this songs for the first time by an older friend. Of course it is just a special way to play the blues-rock schema once again like it was used to do in the early 70's but listening now Rory made some outstanding and unique versions of this genre and I think it is worth to remember to him. I really don't know if he was as big in England like he was in Germany in the late 70's but I grew up with him and are lucky to see him live once in my life. It was pure energy and he gave us the feeling that his music came straight from his heart. The other one's that was forgotten in this kind of music was Tommy Bolin, but this is another story to be told.

Rory Gallagher - Just the Smile
Rory Gallagher - I Fall Apart

1 Kommentar:

Unknown hat gesagt…

A terrific 1st solo album. I was 20 years old when it was released and played the LP to death. 10 tracks - and every one a gem.